Did you know all the water used to brew our beer comes from the Chattahoochee River? It’s a big part of why we’re so serious about protecting it. Well that and it’s a badass place to go fishing, paddle, float or just visit.
We’re teaming up with Orvis Atlanta and Chattahoochee Riverkeeper to raise funds for the deployment of new water monitoring sensors, which will let CRK remotely monitor the river’s water quality at key watershed locations.
This is a pretty heady new technology but it comes at a cost, so we need yalls help in raising funds to get 50 units placed along the Hooch. Luckily it’s pretty easy to get involved – sign up to come out to the kickoff event w/ free food, brews and goodies from Orvis and buy a hat or shirt to support the cause.
Guest Speakers – Check out the full lineup here!
If you haven’t been to Philips Arena in a minute, check out some of the headiness we’re bringin to Hawks games these days.
Mini draft house under construction!
We teamed up with the Hawks to make going to Friday’s (3/25) game against the Bucks an even sweeter deal.
Click the banner below and use promo code SWEETWATER to score a brewery tour voucher and pint glass included in the cost of your ticket to the game. Tickets start at just $25!
This Sunday, March 20, we’re teaming up with Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q for an afternoon of brews and BBQ to benefit Cynthia Montoya, a long-time Fox Bros. employee and current general manager who was diagnosed with Stage II pancreatic cancer in 2015.
The Fox Bros. called upon some of their friends – who just so happen to be among the best pitmasters, chefs and *cough* brewers in the country – to put on this fundraiser to help with Cyndi’s medical expenses.
Tickets are $30 and include food tastings, a tour of SweetWater, and six 6 oz. tastings of our heady brews.
Live music will be provided by opening act Main Street Exiles and headliners The Sundogs.
We’ll also have a silent auction featuring great items including a signed Falcons jersey, VIP tickets to the Shaky Knees Festival, and passes to the 2016 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival.
Get your tickets here before they sell out.
Pitmaster and Guest Chef Line Up
- Fox Bros Bar-B-Q – Atlanta, GA
- Mike Mills and Amy Mills of 17th Street Barbecue – Murphysboro, IL
- Southern Soul Barbeque – St. Simons, GA
- Sam Jones Barbecue – Winterville, NC
- Home Team BBQ – Charleston, SC
- Billy Durney of Hometown Bar-B-Que – Brooklyn, NY
- Peg Leg Porker – Nashville, TN
- Pat Martin of Martin’s BBQ Joint – Nashville, TN
- Kevin Rathbun – Atlanta, GA
- Ford Fry – Atlanta, GA
- Eddie Hernandez and Mike Klank of Taqueria del Sol – Atlanta, GA
- Chris Hall and Todd Mussman of Local Three – Atlanta, GA
Get your mouth watering for some ‘que with pics from all the participating chefs and restaurants:
Please note: SweetWater is a 21+ venue. All guests must have a valid ID. No ID = No Entry. (Children under 10, free enter, 11+ need a ticket. All children need to be in attendance with a parent or guardian). Also, due to the scope of this event, please leave the fur babies at home.
Hot ‘n fresh pics from our 19th Anniversary Party on deck! The Bright Light Social Hour absolutely killed it – can’t wait to see them again at 420 Fest in a couple months.
Big thanks to Heidi from Our Labor of Love for the photos.
A few scores and 19 years ago to the day, two heady dudes set out to brew the best beer they could while having the best time they could. Thing or two has changed since then but the goal is the same. Happy Birthday to us, what a long strange trip it’s been…
The start of it all. Hadn’t brewed any beer yet so had to improvise…
195 Ottley wasn’t quite as shiny before we moved in
build out of packaging area, Reel Room, and new offices in 2012
That time Freddy had to put on a jacket for Mayor Kasim Reed & Gov. Nathan Deal
Sorry if you got stuck behind this on the downtown connector
The dank duo – Freddy Bensch and Kevin McNerny
Back from GABF in 2002 with Small Brewery of the Year award
Badger the brewery dog
The dank duo w/ GABF Hardware
You wanna eat cake or throw cake?
Tours at the old brewery in Fulton Industrial. Lotta scenery down there
Slingin what we couldn’t drink
Our head brewer Nick Nock was also employee #1 – wasn’t always glamorous but his shirts always have been
Police department in Decatur!
Paper fish back in the day at Tmac
First time at the Roo
Dropping in bigger tanks in 2012
Come to the brewery Sunday to help us celebrate – 2 sets from The Bright Light Social Hour, barrel-aged and cellar brews flowin and a free sixer of Hash Session IPA to go! Get your tickets here: https://sweetwater.xorbia.com/19th-anniversary-party/
They say Spring is a time for new beginnings. No idea who “they” are, but they’re right about the new part. Get ready to get low with HASH SESSION IPA, a groovy 4.2% ABV session IPA loaded with a gigantic Amarillo hop hash dry hop. (The hell is hop hash, you ask? Click here.)
None of that watery, tasteless lite beer bullshit here. Just a taste bud exploding hop rocket you can enjoy all night, day, afternoon, morning or whenever the mood strikes ya.
Hash Session will be cruising onto shelves February 8th and stick around for a few months
-Malts: Maris Otter, Pilsner, Wheat, Midnight Wheat
-Hops: Bravo, Amarillo Hash
Skip the massage oil and chocolates and gift your significant other with something they’ll really use. Don’t have a squeeze this year? Pick up a deal and elevate your friend game.
1. Dank Duo: For those beer lovers who can never get enough. get it now >>
2. Pedaling Pair: For the cyclist enthusiasts who never stop moving. get it now >>
3. Hiking Honeys: For the outdoor adventurers who are always up for whatever. get it now >>
4. Boating Baes: For the water bugs who prefer the river over land. get it now >>
Click here to find out more about these packages that are guaranteed to make sure you don’t sleep on the couch Valentine’s night – or be the new crowd fav among your friends.
El Danko finally sobered up just long enough to get back in the brew house after a two year bender. He teamed up with Justin and Jonathan Fox (of our local Atlanta Fox Bros Bar-B-Q) to come up with a smoked bacon porter we’re calling Pulled Porter.
Over the course of three days, the crew from Fox Bros. smoked one ton of malt on their wood-burning Lang smokers, using nothing but hickory. Bennett Hollberg helped the brothers hotbox the parking lot (we couldn’t believe it either) and said “Each batch of malt smoked for 5 hours at 250 degrees to get a nice toast and plenty of good smoke without burning it.”
To add that extra bit of oink, we tossed racks of bacon in the smoker to infuse the smoking malt.
Check out some pics of the smoking process, Justin & Jonathan Fox, and the bottle here.
Nitty gritty on Pulled Porter:
- Available in 22 oz bottles for an extremely limited time anywhere the fishing is good
- Malts: 64% 2-Row, 11% Smoked 2-Row, 6% Munich, 4% Wheat, 5% 70/80, 2% Roashed Wheat, 3% Midnight Wheat, 5% Chocolate
- Hops: Centennial, Golding, Willamette, Cascade
- ABV: 7.7%
- IBUs: 27
SweetWater is turning 19 this year and we’re ready to blow the doors off as we celebrate the last of our teenage years – you know, when we know everything there is to know in the world! Party goes down 2/21 from 2-6 pm.
We’re going deep and keeping the doors open for four hours of festivities, two sets of fresh from the The Bright Light Social Hour, and one toast at 4:20 from that’ll either inspire or confuse all y’all!
There will be some glassware that’s most dope, we’ll be going elbow deep into the cooler stash to break out a slew of tasty treats to sip on including unique cask creations from our brewers and some food trucks on the lot to keep it heady.
Grab those tickets quick like, cuz this sucker sells out each year and no tickets will be sold day of.
Hope you can celebrate with us!
Hold on to your butts…beer list incoming:
Anniversary Beer Vertical:
1. 16th Anniversary Red Wheat Wine
2. 17th Anniversary Saison
3. 18th Anniversary Belgian Tripel
4. 19th Anniversary Belgian golden w/ brettanomyces aged in merlot, cabernet barrels
5. California Woody (17th anniversary saison aged in cabernet barrels)
6. Bobblehead Bob (Barrel Aged) Oatmeal Stout
7. Tennessee Festive (Festive Ale aged in Tennessee whiskey barrels)
8. Road Trip (Aged in Herradura Barrels)
On the Dark Side:
9. Exodus Porter
10. Festive Ale 2011
11. BSP Quadrupel
12. Bourbon barrel aged brettanomyces bruxellensis ale
13. Bourbon barrel aged brettanomyces & the funky bunch
4. Take Two Pils
5. Hop Hash
6. Georgia Brown
Winter & Spring Seasonals:
1. 2016 Happy Ending
3. Hash Session
We’re closin’ up shop for the holidays, but you better not cry! You can still come visit us on all the other days. Check out our Holiday hours, otherwise we’ll have regular tour and tasting hours — Wed – Fri 5:30 – 7:30 pm & Sat/Sun 2:30 – 4:30 pm.
- Wednesday 12/23 — OPEN 5:30 – 7:30 pm
- Thursday 12/24 — CLOSED X-mas Eve
- Friday 12/25 — CLOSED X-mas
- Saturday 12/26 — 12:00 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday 12/27 — 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Thursday 12/31 — CLOSED New Years Eve
- Friday 1/1 — 5:30 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 1/2 — 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday 1/3 — 2:30 – 4:30 pm