Howdy hop heads. We’ve got some updates for you as things are comin’ together for our 2012 IPA Day Tantalizingly Tasty Tour Tap Takeover this Thursday.
In addition to the special stash we’ve pulled from the cellar to put on tap (here’s the list in case you missed it last time), our brewers have prepared a few extra specialty casks for the occasion as well, including:
- “Ole Faithful” – IPA with black peppercorn
- “SweetWater Julep” – LowRYEder with mint
- “Mustache Rye’d” – LowRYEder with Centennial hops
We’ll be tapping these in select locations throughout the brewery. Follow us on Facebook for an updated schedule of where you can find ‘em and when they’ll be tapped.
Some food truck friends are even getting in on the fun. They’ll be serving up some awesome IPA-inspired items on their menus including:
- Grapefruit IPA pops from King of Pops
- Finger-lickin’ treats smothered in IPA BBQ sauce from the Sweet Auburn BBQ truck
- Soft pretzels with IPA beer cheese and LowRYEder mustard from the folks at African Sky
- Delectable IPA dipping sauce paired with the infamously fresh fries from Fry Guy
The first 800 party-goers through our doors will get a commemorative IPA Day pint, see below:
Just a reminder, remember to check in when you get to the party on Untapped and tell folks what brews your samplin’. Last year, we were ranked #2 nationwide for IPA Day party check-ins and we’re ready to blow the doors off again with your help!
Not in the Atlanta area? Don’t worry; we’ve got a handful of specialty IPA casks floatin’ out into select locations in honor of the holiday too. Make sure you’re following us on our state specific Heady Peddlers pages on Facebook, or follow/use the hash tag #IPADay on Twitter to keep tabs on where we’ll be…along with other IPA Day celebrations in your area.
No matter where you raise your IPAs this week, just make sure y’all are supporting craft beer!